Sunday, October 18, 2015

Pop-Up Palooza


Networking is key when starting out as a college student in the fashion industry. Attending Jade's Closet Pop-Up Shop In the City located in the Liberty Place Shopping Center definitely exposed myself to this skill of indulging in conversation. Owner, Jade Okere's brick-and-mortar store resides at 200  Lancaster Ave, Wayne PA.

First arriving at the event, the window is animated with live models, Khalia Abner and Naray Ambrosio, presenting the hottest looks. There were multiple designers being featured: Mara Hoffman, Alexis, Joe's Jeans, 3x1 Denim, Day, Shae, 2nd Day, Sen, Asilio, Rails, and ATM.

But, this pop-up event was more involved than I suspected. Customers with purchases over $100 received a complimentary fashion sketch done by Veronica Marche Miller. And to be even more involved with the booming fashion night-out, guests were encouraged to create a flip book made out of multiple photos. Such a fun souvenir!




Clean, classic and very modern almost like I was attending a celebrity event, Javier Alonzo created the ambiance for Jade's Closet. Javier is the Associate Creative Director of Skai Blue Media and did not disappoint attendees. Realizing how shy I am when surrounded by people I don't usually relate with regularly, it was refreshing to break out of my shell and enjoy a natural conversation with Javier.

Learning outside of the classroom benefits myself in the most unusual way. Since traditional approaches are informing students the importance of networking, participating in fashion events such as these firsthand prepare myself for what's to come. Maybe I'll be at the next one, look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment